Bastien New Traditions is a comprehensive and integrated method for beginning piano study that is easy to use and paced just right for today’s busy students. Concepts are presented in a holistic way, with lesson, theory, and technic pages mixed with attractive performance pieces all in the same volume. A gradual multi-key approach is used allowing students to experience complete keyboard knowledge. There is a clear step-by-step presentation of concepts and skills with straightforward, simple reinforcement and review throughout the series. The learning sequence is carefully graded to ensure steady progress, and students will love the selection of music as well as the beautiful watercolor illustrations.
Introduction to the Entire Piano Keyboard
• Single-line black and white key pieces
• Multiple hand placements, including Middle C and C 5-finger positions
• Quarter, half, dotted half and whole notes; quarter and half rests
• 4/4 and 3/4 time signatures
• p, mp, mf and f dynamics
• Steps, skips, and repeats